October 10, 2010

Full Spectrum Beauty ~



Last day of the yoga therapy immersion with John.. more tears and more laughter.  The ends of the spectrum became more full and the container more expansive with every passing day.  People speaking of terrible accidents and illnesses while also sharing incredible moments of joy, humor and heart.  Simultaneously laughing, crying and smiling all at once.  Now, that is a robust life lived to the fullest expression! That is life with all the colors of the rainbow and that rainbow is arched across the whole damn sky where the shiny, golden sun beams pierce through the puffy white cotton ball clouds. What made the rainbow?  Thunder, lightning and the soaking wet rain in the sky. All aspects create the fullness.  That is the most profound gift that life has given to me... the ability to see and feel the edges of life more fully.. the immense pain and suffering and the most profound beauty and joy.  
This became clear years ago-- I was grieving from the loss of my marriage and was crying on and off for weeks but then one day, mid-sob, I sucked in an enormous amount of air into my lungs and burst out laughing.  It was the strangest thing, my mind said-- wait!  I am sad, I am really supposed to suffer here, life is horrible.  Then I felt the edges of my mouth turn up and I began to smile.  My next thought was-- is it possible for me to feel both immensely sad and joyful at the exact same moment?  Must be because it was happening.  Then a surge of energy came through me and I felt completely free.  It was like the cage door flew open, I jumped out and spread my wings on the invisible air and took flight. It blew my mind because everything I knew about suffering and joy changed in one gasp for air. The grieving was necessary, it tore down the walls that blocked my view and the joy inside of me had never left.  
Life is magical, it has given me exactly what I need to free myself from my limited view and to see the full spectrum of who I am.  I wish for myself, my loved ones and all beings everywhere that we continue to be reminded-- as many times as it takes-- that we are spirit in material form.  We are an embodiment of the highest.  Namaste, Sienna

No comments:

Post a Comment