October 2, 2010

Goddess Pele destroys and creates in a fury for the highest~ John Friend's

Hi all,

Maui is known for its rock you to the core healing vibration that chews you up and spits you back out~ I am sure it is no accident that John Friend choose it for the yoga therapy training this week. Many come to Maui to heal.. some stay and some run screaming home.. the goddess Pele does not mess around. Goddess Pele is a Hawaiian Volcano and Fire Goddess~ the embodiment of both destruction and divine creative power. "She is the flame of passion and the fire of purpose, she is the energy of dynamic action and she is the glowing essence of eternal and profound love." says R.Barkemeifjer de Wit. Ok, sign me up. Tomorrow I leave for Maui to dive into the Pele's fiery arms, the blue oceans wild current and the earths sacred ground to meet myself again and again... this time its not the Iron Goddess of Paris but the Fire Goddess Pele that presides over the court of truth and transformation along with an amazing teacher, John Friend.

With anticipation I read an email from Donna at the Anusara registration office saying... "make sure to bring a journal, you will need it everyday"... I can only imagine why. I savory these concentrated times to go in.. and am also a little uneasy. But that has never scared me off before not matter what comes up. The spiritual path and the human condition fascinates me to no end. I have a ferocious curiosity about what lies inside and it propels me past the comfort of clear water into the unsettled murky water. For as long as I can remember I had this desire to know. I was the child who would climb the fence that said "no trespassers allowed" and for good or bad I had to know what was behind that chain linked fence. Sometimes I found a frothy mouthed, teeth wielding dog and sometimes I found succulent, sweet oranges hanging from low branches. No matter what I discovered, I was always going back for more. And, this trip is me climbing over the fence again.

I wade through the waters of my own soul so I can know myself, so I can be with that which blocks me from knowing who and what I am. To be real, to myself in every moment is my dedication,,, however that looks. The human condition is not always pretty, despite the images the media bombards us with, and I want to honor the realness in myself. Over the years I have glimpsed the truth that we are an embodiment of the divine~ I want to deepen my knowing of this. And, If my experiences along the way translates into helping others to see the light of their own Self then I am honored. If not I still walk, I still yearn to discover and explore my own true nature.

In love and gratitude to my teachers who have lead me here. Thich Nhat Hahn, Georg Feurestein, Thai Ashonoah, Jean Marie Hayes, TKV Desikachar, Gary Kraftsow, Mirka Kraftsow, Maritza and John Friend. I bow deeply, Namah.

Sienna

No comments:

Post a Comment